Tuesday, December 22, 2015
Tuesday, October 27, 2015
Wednesday, October 14, 2015
Saturday, August 15, 2015
Sunday, August 2, 2015
Saturday, July 18, 2015
Monday, July 13, 2015
Blackberry Peach Cobbler Bars
Delicious, easy dessert option featuring fresh blackberries and peaches sandwiched between cobbler layers….Delicious!
1 C butter, softened
1 C firmly packed light brown sugar
1 1/2 C granulated sugar, divided
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon table salt
3 1/4 C all-purpose flour, divided
4 C fresh blackberries* (2 pints)
4 C peeled (click here for quick instructions on how to peel fresh peaches), sliced fresh firm, ripe peaches or nectarines (approx. 4 large or 6 medium)
3 tablespoons bourbon (optional)
1 cup roasted glazed pecan pieces
1) Preheat oven to 350°. Beat first 2 ingredients and 1 cup granulated sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
2) Stir together baking powder, salt, and 3 cups flour; gradually add to butter mixture, beating just until blended. Spread three-fourths of batter in a greased and floured 13- x 9-inch pan; sprinkle with blackberries.
3) Stir together remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 1/4 cup flour in a medium bowl; add peaches and bourbon, stirring to coat. Spoon mixture over blackberries.
4) Stir pecans into remaining batter; dollop over peach mixture.
5) Bake for 1 hour or until golden and bubbly. Cool completely on a wire rack (at least 1 hour). Cut into bars. * You can substitute 4 cups of any other berries if desired. From SouthernLiving.com