Blackberry Peach Cobbler Bars
Delicious, easy dessert option featuring fresh blackberries and peaches sandwiched between cobbler layers….Delicious!
1 C butter, softened
1 C firmly packed light brown sugar
1 1/2 C granulated sugar, divided
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon table salt
3 1/4 C all-purpose flour, divided
4 C fresh blackberries* (2 pints)
4 C peeled (click here for quick instructions on how to peel fresh peaches), sliced fresh firm, ripe peaches or nectarines (approx. 4 large or 6 medium)
3 tablespoons bourbon (optional)
1 cup roasted glazed pecan pieces
1) Preheat oven to 350°. Beat first 2 ingredients and 1 cup granulated sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
2) Stir together baking powder, salt, and 3 cups flour; gradually add to butter mixture, beating just until blended. Spread three-fourths of batter in a greased and floured 13- x 9-inch pan; sprinkle with blackberries.
3) Stir together remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 1/4 cup flour in a medium bowl; add peaches and bourbon, stirring to coat. Spoon mixture over blackberries.
4) Stir pecans into remaining batter; dollop over peach mixture.
5) Bake for 1 hour or until golden and bubbly. Cool completely on a wire rack (at least 1 hour). Cut into bars. * You can substitute 4 cups of any other berries if desired. From SouthernLiving.com